|211pages||Our help system contains many pages and videos for you to consume. This includes the complete information on how Door Tablet works, all its features and options, and of course the many benefits for your business. Door Tablet School offers many videos too.|
Click on images to see them in full screen
HardwareThe Door Tablet sensors are easy to configure and install. The following steps are required:
Door Tablet also supports Crestron Occupancy sensors... see here:
Sensors are connected to the network electronics in a protective box, called the Device Hub.
Sensor Configuration Types
The Door Tablet sensors come in four forms. In all cases the sensors are connected to your internal ethernet network.
- Prepare your sensors by first attaching them to your PC using a USB cable
- Configure the sensor and note some connection information
- Install the sensors in the ceiling of a meeting space, and provide them with both power and network connection
- Test connection to the sensor from the tablet outside the meeting space
- Configure Door Tablet to indicate that sensors are used, and how you wish the system to react to motion
Placing Motion sensors
- PoE powered and networked
- Ethernet with local, in ceiling, USB power source
- Wi-Fi with local, in ceiling, USB power source
- USB only connection for Windows based end-point devices such as Door Tablet WM, Door Tablet MM and Intel UNITE hub. See here
The size of the Motion Sensor with its protective case is 4x2x6cm.
Placing Health Sensors
Internal Air Quality and CO2 sensors may be installed in individual meeting spaces and common areas. As common areas may have higher ceilings it is important to place Health Sensors at a height where measurement may be effective, such as a pillar or even on a dedicated pole that descends from the ceiling.
Changing Sensors Sensitivity
You may change the sensitivity of the sensor by turning the right potentiometer which controls the detection range (3-7m). Turning the potentiometer clockwise increases the range.
Configure Network Connection
To configure your sensors follow these steps:
- In smaller meeting spaces simply place the sensors above the meeting space main table
- In larger meeting spaces place the sensors in the places people are likely to be seated
The networking and power components for the sensor are inside the Device Hub. This hub will be placed inside the ceiling space.
PoE based Device Hub:
Learn how to configure your sensors here
Note: When using Windows devices you may connect the sensor circuitry directly to the Windows device using a USB cable. Hence, the circuitry will no longer be on the network and instead it will be connected directly to the end-point.
- Open the Device Hub box, where the circuitry resides
- Use a screw driver in the the four corners of the case to release the cover. Do not undo the two metal screws in the front of the box
- Connect the circuitry to your PC using a USB cable
- Proceed with software installation