|211pages||Our help system contains many pages and videos for you to consume. This includes the complete information on how Door Tablet works, all its features and options, and of course the many benefits for your business. Door Tablet School offers many videos too.|
Click on images to see them in full screen
IntroductionDoor Tablet offers Health and Motion Sensors. These sensors are installed inside meeting spaces and communicate with the tablets outside of them. The main purpose of the sensors is to:
The Door Tablet sensors are easy to configure and install. The following steps are required:
- Provide Internal Air Quality and CO2 monitoring and alerts (Health Sensors)
- Show space status on both single and wayfinding displays (Motion Sensor)
- Automatically check-in to meetings (Motion Sensor)
- Terminate meetings in unoccupied meeting spaces (Motion Sensor)
Sensors connected to network electronics in a protective case.
From V10.0.10 onwards, Door Tablet integrates with Crestron Occupancy sensors connected using PoE
- Prepare your sensors by first attaching the Device Hub to your PC using a USB cable
- Install the Device Hub and provide it with power and network connection
- Configure sensors and note connection information
- Install the sensors in the ceiling or walls of meeting spaces and communal areas
- Test connection to the Device Hub from Door Tablet end-points outside the meeting spaces, or on wayfinders
- Configure Door Tablet Admin UI to indicate that sensors are used, and how you wish the system to react to motion and alert on air quality/CO2
Sensor Configuration Types
The Door Tablet sensors come in four forms. In all cases the sensors are connected to your internal ethernet network.
Note: The Crestron motion sensor connects to Crestron displays only. Read more here
How Door Tablet connects to sensors
Our sensors connect using IP protocols and are connected directly on your network. They appear as hosts on your LAN and do not require a room controller. When placing sensors on your network you assign them a fixed IP address from your internal pool. Your network administrator should provide you with a range of IP addresses you should use when configuring sensors. You then assign a sensor per room using the Door Tablet Web UI. The Door Tablet Apps will communicate with the local sensor. The Door Tablet server does not participate in the dialogue between Door Tablet and Sensors. The data stored in the Door Tablet configuration database is used by the Apps to determine which sensor to connect to and what to do with sensing events. To make testing and deployment easier, sensor addresses can be overwritten on the tablet App, while the behaviour is always governed by the Door Tablet server data.
For information on sensors hardware click here
You are required to perform licensing action relating to sensors. If you wish to use Sensors with Door Tablet these must be purchased from us and tested by us before you can deploy these.
- PoE powered and networked
- Ethernet with local, in ceiling, USB power source
- Wi-Fi with local, in ceiling, USB power source
- USB only connection for Windows based end-point devices such as Door Tablet WM, Door Tablet MM and Intel UNITE hub. See here