|211pages||Our help system contains many pages and videos for you to consume. This includes the complete information on how Door Tablet works, all its features and options, and of course the many benefits for your business. Door Tablet School offers many videos too.|
Click on images to see them in full screen
Hardened OSNote: This feature is part of the Door Tablet Enterprise server.
The following list describes changes made to our OS implementation. This is to secure our devices and our client’s networks from unauthorised access, including by employees with unfettered access to the Door Tablet end-point devices.
Note: once a Door Tablet end-point device receives the Hardened OS, the device cannot be modified using a standard version of the OS - it is a “one way street”. The UI of the OS is not used and our own interface is in use instead, providing a purpose built operating environment which is robust and secure. The Door Tablet OS running on all end-points are based on Google Android core, version 5.1.
Hardened OS provisions (Standard edition)
Additional Hardened OS provisions (No Wi-Fi edition, on PoE or Wired Internet models)
This version provides further hardening:
- Disabled access to USB ports
- Disabled access to micro USB ports
- Disabled access to Developer Options & Remote Debugging
- Disabled ADB access or commands
- Disabled on-board camera
- Disabled on-board microphone
- Disabled Bluetooth (in-room speakers will not be available)
- Only the Door Tablet APK may be installed or updated, using its verified signature
- Block OS updates, except for certified hardened versions, provided by us
- Removed remote control apps
- Removed MDM
Cellular communication is not possible to use due to USB disablement in Hardened OS - Standard Edition
Other security features of the device and the server:
- Disabled Wi-Fi
Commercial note: A Hardened OS is a licensed product provided for a fee.
To install this OS the following applies:
- Device Settings are password protected
- X.509 certificates may be installed on the device to secure network access
- Access to the Door Tablet server may be restricted by IP
- Access to the Door Tablet server may be encrypted using SSL SHA256
- Emails from the Door Tablet server are sent to an internal relay host (eg check-in reminders)
Statement updated on 18 July 2017
- You must own a Door Tablet AIO/TC device before you can upgrade it to the hardened OS. You may not do so on loaned devices.
- Purchase a license
- Login to your account and download the OS. You will see the option to download on your account once we have authorised it for this purpose
- Install the OS using a USB or over the network, as described here . Once installed, only hardened versions of the OS may be installed for the purpose of updates